CreativeFuture promotes the value of creativity in today’s digital age. We embrace expanded audience access to content in ways that reward creativity and hard work. We are united in opposition to for-profit theft of creative works, which jeopardizes the rights of all creative individuals, puts jobs at risk, and undermines new business models and distribution platforms. Our mission is to empower the creative community to speak with one collective and powerful voice – advancing a positive, dynamic vision of a digital future that better serves audiences and artists alike.
Creativity and innovation have given rise to extraordinary entertainment that provides millions of jobs and supports economic growth, enriches our culture, inspires social change, and captivates audiences around the world. Everyone has a shared interest in sustaining the vitality of the creative economy – from all who create, to those who develop new distribution platforms, to all who access and enjoy creative works.
CreativeFuture supports the continued development of new technologies and business models that provide audiences high-quality, reliable, and convenient access to creative works, while protecting the fundamental right of all creators to determine how their works are distributed.
CreativeFuture is united in opposition to for-profit theft of creative works, which jeopardizes the rights of all creative individuals, puts jobs at risk, and undermines new business models and distribution platforms.
CreativeFuture believes members of the creative community must play an active role in raising awareness about the cultural, social, and economic contributions of creativity and advocate for policies and solutions that will take the profit out of piracy – including increased cooperation from all legitimate businesses that make up the Internet.
CreativeFuture believes raising awareness among youth about the cultural, ethical, and economic implications of creative ownership can foster greater respect for artists and the creative process.
What We Do
- Inform, educate, and mobilize members of the creative community to speak accurately and confidently about the value of creativity and innovation, the importance of responsible online behavior, and the harm to creators and audiences alike that is caused by digital piracy.
- Promote the expanding availability of creative works through legitimate online distribution platforms.
- Promote meaningful, effective actions that encourage a safe and secure Internet that works for everyone through increased cooperation among all who make up the Internet ecosystem – including advertisers, advertising agencies, online ad networks, credit card companies, Internet service providers (ISPs), search engines, domain registrars, and universities.
- Identify and sponsor initiatives to provide effective messaging and communication to youth.
- Provide a unified voice to advocate for sound public policy that promotes innovation and creativity within a safe and secure Internet.